Roseanne’s Tomato Soup
It’s really not a soup day but I made this at the beginning of the week and reheated a portion for lunch today with Nipper 3.0. I made up this soup for her after she came home raving about the delicious tomato 🍅 soup she had in her friend’s house. I tried a few different recipes and none passed muster with her. She suggested I ask her friend’s mum. “Oh it’s from a carton.”
Well here’s the one that finally got the seal of approval. This tomato soup reheats really well so make a double or triple batch and stick it in single servings in the freezer for these busy school days and long working days especially as the weather, eh, turns cool.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 40 min
- 25 g Butter
- 1 Onions, chopped
- 0.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 can Tomatoes, chopped
- 1000 ml Chicken Stock
- 3 Sun Dried Tomatoes, in oil
- Sundried tomato paste
- Red Pesto
- Handful Basil, fresh
- Mixed dried herbs or pick up a pack of the pizza seasoning from Flying Tiger – it’s really good!
- Melt butter and sauté onion very slowly until caramelised.
- Add smoked paprika and sauté to release flavour.
- Add flour and cook gently for about 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to the oil stirring.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and basil and simmer for 20-30mins.
- Use blender stick to blend if desired.
- Taste and season very carefully